[time-nuts] What's the latest correct PICTIC II Mouser project?- Heathkid

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 14 14:43:19 UTC 2010

________________________________
From: Bob Camp <lists at rtty.us>
To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement <time-nuts at febo.com>
Sent: Sat, August 14, 2010 7:05:35 AM
Subject: Re: [time-nuts] What's the latest correct PICTIC II Mouser project?-
Heathkid

Hi

This isn't my design originally. The 620 ohm resistor in question sources
current into a diode stack. The initial current will vary more from the
tolerance of the diodes than it will from the 1 ohm change ( or 6 ohm = 1%).

<snip>

Maybe we should buy lots of diodes  to match them, they are relative cheap, also
use extra care installing them. Using hemostats as heat sinks and just enough
heat for a good connection do not want to damage/change them after the match.

Stanley