[time-nuts] acam TDC chips (was: PicTic Data)

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sun Aug 15 19:01:12 UTC 2010

On Sun, 15 Aug 2010 12:00:33 -0600 (MDT)
"Don Latham" <djl at montana.com> wrote:

> > From: Don Latham <djl at montana.com>
> > > I've just sent for a "quote" for one off. The site simply sucks! There is
> > > NO information as to how to get your hands on a small sample, a breakout
> > > board, or anything else that a design engineer would need to make a
> > > decision...You can get some software and data sheets, or what looks to be
> > > a horribly expensive test box.

This doesn't surprise me. There are quiet a few small companies
in europe, that sell this kind of specialiced circuit. They exactly
know how to build them, but have hardly any clue how to market them.
Let alone to make it available to tinkerers.

> I'll see what they say, Stanley. I think I'll put one (if I can get it) on
> a Schmartboard and go from there. I still wonder why this and other
> companies seem so reluctant to sell you something :-)

I'd be interested in this too. If it helps, i could call and talk
to them directly. Being in the same "language zone" might help ;-)

			Attila Kinali

		-- Tirin, The Dispossessed, U. Le Guin