[time-nuts] OT: leaching was, Alternative time interval interpolation technique

Bernd Neubig bneubig at t-online.de
Tue Aug 17 04:00:21 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:53
Attila Kinali [attila at kinali.ch] wrote:

> Apropos Wenzel: Is there any distributor that sells them in single
quantities? Or do i have to get them from Wenzel directly?
> And is there any price list available?

You can buy ultra low phase noise OCXO (and smaller versions than Wenzel's)
in single quantities from
AXTAL www.axtal.com. We are selling directly to radio amateurs and time-nuts
from Germany to any destination country.
Professionals please go through our local reps.
For some OCXO listed on the website, phase not is not displayed on the data
sheet, but can be provided on request
Sorry for that commercial...

> Why an OXCO? AFAIK the temperature has only an effect on long term
stability/drift, but doesn't affect short term effects (which cause the
jitters). > Or am i missing something?

Temperature has an important impact on short term stability in the range of
seconds and up, that's correct. However OCXO are usually using higher-Q
crystals (overtones, often SC-cuts), while VCXO, TCXO and clocks are mostly
using fundamental mode or "low" overtone crystals.

Bernd Neubig, DK1AG