[time-nuts] Tbolt and iCruse readout problem - any ideas?

Didier Juges didier at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 11:33:35 UTC 2010

When you say "will not display the DAC V value", do you mean the display is
blank, or it displays garbage?

Interestingly, the code that displays temperature and DAC voltage is
essentially the same, the only difference being which part of the data
string received from the Thunderbolt is processed, so it is hard to imagine
why one would work and not the other, unless the data received from the TB
is corrupted in the part that should contain the DAV value, and the
conversion routine fails.

If you have doubts that the serial interface may not be working (I am not
sure about what missing resistor you are talking about), fix that first and
try again.

Looking at the serial stream with a scope may help diagnose such problem.

Didier KO4BB