[time-nuts] WTB: Older Version of LabView

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 18 14:40:16 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> Continuing education at the local community collage is your friend. Do it online and you don't even spend gas money.
>
> Bob

Not always.. e.g. Matlab says: "The product is solely for use in
connection with courses offered at degree-granting institutions, either
by students working toward a degree, or by continuing education
students." "They are not for personal, professional, or commercial use.

and they do "check ID"
Proof of student status is documentation that confirms that you are
currently a student enrolled in a degree-granting institution. To
successfully authenticate as a student, you must provide us with
acceptable proof of student status by uploading a digital copy of any
one of these documents:

I doubt that they'd call the school to see if you're taking a class that
actually could use matlab ("Aha, we see you're taking 17th century
English literature, how ARE you using Matlab in that?"  "Why, I'm using
it to do statistical analysis on the works allegedly written by
Shakespeare to determine the actual author.")

So, you'd be splitting hairs a bit... (not likely that the mathworks
police are coming after you)