[time-nuts] (no subject)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Fri Aug 20 02:31:34 UTC 2010

On Aug 19, 2010, at 7:13 PM, Bob Camp wrote:
> Hopefully they will keep GPS running long enough for me to find something to compare it to.

My new GPSDO leaves me with the question of "how do I measure the phase noise of what is by far the best oscillator I own... without buying a better one to compare it to". That question is what brought me to time-nuts. I'm starting to read some papers on oscillator characterization that are collected together in a technical note from NIST that a co-worker pointed me towards, but some of them are giving me a math-induced headache. :)

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/