[time-nuts] Phase noise measurement (was - no subject)

EWKehren at aol.com EWKehren at aol.com
Sat Aug 21 13:31:42 UTC 2010

I am not seeing it, what should I use to measure it 3561 and 70000 spec
analyzer do not show it?
Bert

In a message dated 8/21/2010 8:07:41 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
phk at phk.freebsd.dk writes:

In  message <4a8e.56751f36.39a11aa2 at aol.com>, EWKehren at aol.com  writes:

>On all phase noise measurements I use AGM  batteries.

Be aware that chemical batteries can be incredibly noisy, in  particular
wet or semi-wet types.

It is not periodic noise, so for  PN measurements with sensible
averaging periods it probably does not  matter.

Poul-Henning

--
Poul-Henning Kamp     | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
phk at FreeBSD.ORG     | TCP/IP since RFC 956