[time-nuts] OT: NTP server questions

Robert Darlington rdarlington at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 06:50:45 UTC 2010

That won't work in my application.  I can't run anything on any server but
one I provide specifically for time, which is why I'm looking at dedicated
time servers.  Believe me when I say this crossed my mind and was crossed
off the list.     Just about every system is MS Windows based which means
one server to sync against unless I add complexity (add NTP) and that won't
work in my application since I only control a few of the systems and we
don't want anything else running but our custom software.  I can't dictate
to the other participants in the project that they run software and even if
I did they'd all end up doing it differently and I'd be back to one guy
using UTC, another TAI.....

Guys, I appreciate the comments and now it's just a matter of deciding what
hardware to buy.  I like my existing Symmetricom box but don't want to
re-purpose it for this project so it means buying a 2nd one.  They're all
roughly $4k starting so it's coming down to what color I like best ;-)

-Bob

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:32 PM, Chris Albertson <albertson.chris at gmail.com