[time-nuts] Shipping charges and costs: was => RE: Cheap distribution amplifier

Collins, Graham CollinG at navcanada.ca
Thu Dec 2 14:06:38 UTC 2010

I haven't had a really close look at these changes but some of the
common threads revolve around lithium batteries and ink and toner
cartridges and that (some or all) of restrictions now extend beyond just
those items.

I have misplaced my references so I will have to dig them out again.

Of late, I have been finding it quicker and more cost effective to buy
by mail from Europe and Asia than from the US even when the US cost is
lower. Many businesses are starting to insist on using Priority mail
services that require a signature on reception no doubt to counter act
the rising occurrences of fraud. This too is having a negative impact as
it quickly doubles the price of a $20 dollar purchase. I have no problem
with paying a fair price for shipping and handling but I am becoming
much more selective in choosing from whom and where I make my purchases
when I can't purchase locally.

Sorry to get off track and Off Topic.

Cheers, Graham