[time-nuts] Time Code generator

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Dec 3 19:38:54 UTC 2010

> And, since the requirement is to be able to do all this while portable or
> mobile swings it all more in favour of a PC generated time code (less bits
> and pieces to be carried around and set up)

There is a utility in the ntp package that emits IRIG based on the local
clock.  Look at .../util/tg2.c

> A PIC or Arduino widget would be perfect (I mess around with both). A quick
> Google search for Arduino and IRIG-B didn't seem to return much of interest
> but I will have another look and this time also a search on PIC as well.

You might be able to port that code to PIC/Arduino.  Start by ripping out all
the options that you don't need and the command line processing and ...  It
might be a lot of work but the price is right.