[time-nuts] Frequency difference between LPRO-101 and HP 105B

ulmann at vaxman.de ulmann at vaxman.de
Sat Dec 4 17:51:34 UTC 2010

 Dear list members -
being a proud owner of a LRPO-101 as well as a HP 105B and a TRACOR
527E Frequency Difference meter, I decided to compare these two
oscillators with each other after some days of running them.
 The attached plot (if this won't work, you can find it here online:
http://fafner.dyndns.org/~ulmann/30_nov_2010_tracor_small.jpg) shows
the output of the TRACOR 527E (frequency difference, sensitivity set
to 10**11 - this corresponds to a multiplication factor of 10**4
regarding the frequency difference) plotted with an old thermal
plotter - this is just a qualitative plot but the amplitude difference
between the minimum and maximum peaks corresponds to about +/- 1 parts
in 10^-11.
 I would like to hear your opinion about this - does this look
reasonable to you? The inputs to the TRACOR were the 10 MHz output of
the LPRO and the 1 MHz output of the HP 105B - both oscillators were
running for a little bit more than three days without interruption.
 All the best - Bernd. :-)