[time-nuts] 3586A HQ Manuals READY

Roberto Barrios rbarrioss at msn.com
Fri Dec 10 19:40:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

The manuals are ready. I have nothing against DjVu other than that PDF
exists, but that's a pretty good enough reason I believe. The Operating
manual has been revised so discard the old copy if you got it. The two
volumes of the Service Manual are in a single PDF file. Yes it is big, but
it allows for the cross references to work so the bookmarks can jump from
one volume to another.

Being the manuals so large, it is nice to jump back and forth so easily.
Stitching the schematics was hard because no automated process I tried
turned out successful, but they look great. It is amazing the job that the
HP people had to do to write (and draw) such a manual so many years ago with
no computers.

My hosting is cheap but also limited, be patient if the downloads take long,
I don't know how many of us will try to grab the manuals at the same time:

http://www.rbarrios.com/manuals

I hope Didier makes them available also on his site soon so we can balance
loads ;-)

Enjoy!

Roberto EB4EQA