[time-nuts] Adjusting accuracy of a Casio G-Shock watch

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 05:44:13 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 8:16 PM, Jim Palfreyman <jim77742 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Fellow time-nuts.
>
> Over in another part of the internet is a group of people who love their
> Casio G-Shock watches. These digital watches have been around for decades
> and are built very well.
>
> The one I own is an "atomic" and solar model (i.e. no battery replacement).
> However being in Tasmania, I cannot receive the low frequency time signals

What you need is an ultra low power 60Khz radio transmitter and them
modulate it with
time code.  It would not be at all hard to to that.  Any desktop computer could
generate the time code and a 60Khz oscillator is not hard to build.  60K is
down in the range where a 4046 PPL chip would work well.

--
=====
Chris Albertson