[time-nuts] Frequency counter recommendation

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Dec 19 04:13:29 UTC 2010

Hi

In the case of a $200 5370, you have to wait a while to find one. When you get it, you likely have to do some work to get it running. At the very least you will need to do a cal.

My guess is that a counter project would be very similar. There is an order and build process that happens every so often. Eventually you get a set of boards that *might* work. They still need a bit of this and that to get them running. Once running you need to do a cal.

The calibrated and running counter is something you can have tomorrow (more or less). That's very different than the kit of boards.

Bob