[time-nuts] Frequency counter recommendation

Joseph Gray jgray at zianet.com
Mon Dec 20 02:28:04 UTC 2010

Mark,

You might look at this hardware:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Insignia%26%23153%3B+-+Infocast+3.5%22+Internet+Media+Display/1152881.p?skuId=1152881&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=1152881&ref=06&cmp=RMX&loc=01&id=1218226456157

It is based on the Chumby One design and Best Buy has had it on sale
for $50 for Xmas. You get an ARM processor, USB ports, a 3.5 inch
touch screen, a WiFi dongle and lots more. There are also pads for a
serial port, some GPIO, an I2C and another USB. Here is a link showing
the hardware: http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=1435

This is a lot of nice hardware for the money. The design, schematics
and the software are Open Source, so it is eminently hackable. It
boots from a MicroSD card, which makes it easy to change the software.

Details, Wiki, Forum, etc. at: http://www.chumby.com/

Joe Gray
W5JG