[time-nuts] Ublox GPS board

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Mon Dec 20 16:28:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, 20 Dec 2010 10:02:31 -0600
John Green <wpxs472 at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Has anyone
> here ever made any measurements on the UBLOX TIM-LF-0-000?

I think you hit an archeology site :-)
The TIM* modules were the first u-blox GPS receiver, introduced
somewhen around 2002/2003 IIRC.

I don't think they are worth much for timing applications these days
(in the time-nut sense ;-), especially considering that the LEA6-T is
available for prices around 50CHF in low quantities.

> These are
> not timing grade, by the way. The spec. sheet says the accuracy of the
> time pulse is 50 nSec. If that is +/- 50, then what I am seeing might
> be OK.

Considering the age, i'd say that it's +/- 50ns, probably even more.

				Attila Kinali
--
It is the unknown we fear when we look
upon death and darkness, nothing more.