[time-nuts] Loran?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Dec 20 22:45:34 UTC 2010

In message <AANLkTi=KYamMSdN7KoMCPBs8iGw=EXzxm7NQ767-+TOc at mail.gmail.com>, paul
 swed writes:

>Well to be honest when I typed loran it was simply because I felt like it.
>It was more important to communicate the fact that I couldn't here and
>european stations in the northeast us. Thats all that mattered. Caps or
>lowercase simply no longer matters to me on the dead us service.
>So getting back at it I will fire up a different antenna and preamp and give
>it one more shot.

Make sure you listen on the correct GRI's, some tables still list the
long abandoned 3-digit USCG chains, rather than the 4-digit NELS chains:

	Eiði, GRI=9007
	Lessay, GRI=6731
	Sylt, GRI=7499
	Værlandet, GRI=7001

For what it's worth, I have never been able to more than barely detect
the 9960 chain from here in Denmark, and that was only after a major
DSP exercise...

Poul-Henning