[time-nuts] Form factor

bownes bownes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 19:50:11 UTC 2010

That would all depend upon the interconnect strategy, which hasn't reached consensus either.

Based on the early module list, a bus probably isn't necessary, and individual ribbon cable and/or coax will do if speeds stay low.

On Dec 21, 2010, at 2:34 PM, Bruce Griffiths <bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> Another factor to consider is that ps stability requires using coax connectors that are mechanically stable to within a few microns ie no BNCs.
>
> Bruce
>
> Don Latham wrote:
>> I agree about the ebay finds. Bad to design the boards form factor around
>> old chassis.
>> Maybe the thing is to find out from the electronic design how big the
>> board(s) will have to be or what the electronic footprint is, then go from
>> there? If the boards are designed so that idiosyncratic mounting is
>> possible, we can all mount them according to our own taste?
>>
>> Don
>>
>> Chris Albertson
>>
>>> You can't plan a project like this around eBay junk.  How would you
>>> assemble
>>> 100 kits if each kit requires that you find a specific HP instrument on