[time-nuts] Editing, nitpicking, and graciousness

Perry Sandeen sandeenpa at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 00:46:22 UTC 2010

List,

I, and I suspect many others, archive this list on a word processor to save its information for projects and learning.

That said,  there are a number on this list who do not edit their replies to a thread so we end  up with pages upon pages of previous postings.  If one or more people do this, besides violating the lists protocol,  It makes it extremely difficult to follow the postings.  So in essence by not editing the effectiveness of the responses are greatly diminished.

Some seem to delight in nitpicking minutia details.  Look at the whole message.  Does it really have to be absolutely 100 percent accurate to be valid?  Come on give it a break.  For most of us this is a hobby and we don’t have advanced science degrees.  All have some or a great deal of expertise in one or more areas but no one has great expertise in ALL areas.

This leads nicely into my last comment on civility. All of us are wrong or mis-guided at times.  A helpful private email correction is appreciated.   Being sarcastic to the poster in public isn’t.

I try to remember this wise adage:  Be Careful Of The Toes  You Step On Today As They May Be Attached To The Butt You Have To Kiss Tomorrow.

Regards,

Perrier