[time-nuts] Form Factor

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed Dec 22 01:34:11 UTC 2010

Tom wrote:

>Hammond boxes are great to work with and are reasonably inexpensive.  You
>can stack multiple boards inside, and panels are available in aluminum or
>plastic.  Hammond will make custom lengths, just for asking.

I'm still using similar extrusions left over from a project we did
years ago.  The extrusions we used do not have one slide-off side as
the Hammond boxes do, so to access the circuitry you have to pull the
card(s) out.  However, they provide better RF shielding.  I don't
remember who we got the extrusions from, but they were stock items
and there were a number of suppliers.  Starting with raw extrusions
brings the cost per box down considerably, even if you have them
finished (we had ours grained and anodized).

Best regards,

Charles