[time-nuts] how to open a Trimble mushroom ?

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Dec 25 10:08:13 UTC 2010

Hi Pete,
That is the same case as the Palisade. I've opened one before. It looks like it should unclip but does not. The two halves do clip together, but there is a "gutter" inside the circumference of the lower half that a molded edge of the top fits into. They fill the gutter with epoxy before clipping them together. I had to cut through the top to open it. It had a curved crossed dipole antenna and a GPS RX on a PCB. All highly inegrated. Have you tried powering it up using the Palisade / accutime connection info and montitoring the data pins?

Happy Holidays,
Robert G8RPI.