[time-nuts] Speaking of counters...

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sun Dec 26 05:40:05 UTC 2010

i guess I'm lucky the one that is my day to day user on the bench the
PS's are quiet. Not sure
but acoustic coupling can very between units. I was one day forced to
find an alternative fan,
cant remember what I came up with but it is quieter and still pulls
the same CFM or bit better,
verified with a Hot Wire Anemometer.

but then again the switcher sound may be my ears are now > 50 yrs old.

or maybe when the 5345A the 8662A, and a few others are running it all
just blends together.

the front end parts are, but when I need < 100 or 200 Mhz I usually
use something newer,
over 100 or so, I use the remote head. Now there is something with
hard to get parts !.

Other then the ability to get that SMA or N depending on the head a
few inches away.

I forget the follow on uWave model, 1/2 rack width .. but working the
price is still a lot more.