[time-nuts] Burst mode TADD-2 divider modification?

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sun Dec 26 19:10:03 UTC 2010

Fellow time-nuts,

To support the kind of burst measurements I am playing around with it
would be good to be able to generate bursts of transitions rather than
even clocks. Depending on the counter it may be simple (say using a
HP5372A) or a little more difficult (DTS 2070C).

Creating a burst of 10 kHz transitions for 10 or 100 ms should be
possible to do in the PIC code with some hacking.

Similarly creating a burst of 5 or 10 MHz clocks for 1 ms should not be
too hard by sniffing the clock after the input shaper and the enable
pulse from the PIC.

I thought I would bounce this and see if people have any ideas other
than mine... anyone else interest...

Cheers,
Magnus