[time-nuts] Simple 5 to10MHz frequency doubler

Paramithiotti, Luciano Paolo S luciano.paramithiotti at hp.com
Mon Dec 27 16:09:17 UTC 2010

Hi Stan,Alan,

++++++++++++++++++
Could you suggest a part number/source for the T2, T3, T4  10.7 MHz IF transformers ?
+++++++++++++++++
R: I have a little stock at home for my use.
There is a seller http://www.rfmicrowave.it/catalogue.php?lang=ita have the green type I think is usable. The part nr is: "B-10.7-B-10-Verde" but I suggest you to ask to a local RF parts distributors. These transformers are used in FM radio.
I am concerned that a narrow 10MHz filter might give significant phase shifts (the YCL is a LP) is this likely to be a problem??
R: If you think the filter is a problem for the phase stability you can remove it, but the harmonics and fundamental will be high. I remember the frequency distributor HP5087A use tuned amplifiers inside. The Racal 1992 TI counter use a 5MHz oscillator and an active doubler inside with LC band pass filter and ALC.
Hi I have just broken up an old 10-Base-T 16 ay switch and recovered 16 DIL filter/isolating transformers ( identified as a 10F434 from YCL) ....and the spec an pin-out was still available on the YCL web site.....worth a look for 10MHz distribution??
R: I have not experience with this kind of transformers,I think the separation between the channels is very important (trigger level stability when we will measure it)), so I am preparing an active frequency doubler with high separation  between the 3 outpus. The circuit use separate elements and will take particular attention to the ground loops. I will email it to the Web when will be terminated.I use the core described as T1 in the doubler.

Thanks,
Luciano