[time-nuts] Power problems on HP5372A

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 29 03:48:33 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

On 12/29/2010 03:04 AM, paul swed wrote:
> Suggest that you disconnect the switch and run 50-100 ma DC through the
> contacts push on and off a number of times. This should clean them. Low
> current such as you suggest may not effectively keep them clean over the
> years. Did wonders on a SRS FS700 I have.

Hmm, will try. However, ohming it does not give much hope.

I now have a replacement switch in place which is kind of a ugly hack,
but it works. Thanks to thermoglue it also sits stable in the hole where
the old one used to be.

The trouble is that the switch action requires much more force than I am
used to. The new switch is distinct but does not require closing in to
physical violence.

I wonder if not the actual mechanics is broken such that it actually
does not even get there.

Cheers,
Magnus