[time-nuts] Power problems on HP5372A

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 29 04:35:13 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

On 12/29/2010 05:00 AM, paul swed wrote:
> Hard to say but if the switch is out take it apart and look.
> Very very carefully some times there are little springs that hold the
> contacts in place.
> Anythings possible lubricant that has frozen up etc.

Highly suspect, but the small body size makes it difficult to go beyond
the removal of the plastic rocker. For post mortem analysis yes, but I
am sceptic about being able to put it back into service again. It would
not fall into my set of skills to do it properly.

> I hate hacks but sometimes you do not have a choice.

Me too. At least I got this one down to "I can live with it, but it is
ugly" level. I.e. the wrong switched glued into location such that it is
mechanically stable and operateable. If I get a working replacement I
can install that.

> Gud Luc.

Thanks.

Cheers,