[time-nuts] My Garmin 18x, Ver 3.50, currently 1 second slow to UTC

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 29 07:32:47 UTC 2010

Calling any Garmin 18x users,

I noticed this morning that my Garmin 18x was giving the time 1 second
slow to UTC - it has been running in sync with UTC for about 2 years now.
[]
So I wondered, any other folk out there with a Garmin 18x - is it 1 second
slow to UTC ?

Regards, Kiwi Geoff (Christchurch, New Zealand).

Geoff,

I see the same effect on my GPS 18x LVC with the 3.50 firmware.  Have you
reported this to Garmin?

To me it's unacceptable that the NMEA output is delayed into the next PPS
signal, making the unit much less useful.  I measure the NMEA output and
it's not even a consistent distance delayed from the PPS, varying quite a
bit.

[New to this mailing list, so I had to fabricate this message as a reply
to at least try and keep it "on thread"]

Cheers,
David
Web:  http://www.satsignal.eu
Email:  david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk