[time-nuts] GPS Antenna

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Dec 31 03:45:25 UTC 2010

Chris,

There are several Symmetricom splitters available, including 1:2 and 1:4
that can be had, on occasion, 'on the Bay' that work well with the TBolt,
although I use one of the 1:4 units with a TBolt, a Z3816A, a Z3805A, and
that leaves a 'spare' for any other project I am working on, that requires
both the TBolt and a Z3816A powered on to function normally.  The ones I use
are the 58535A and the 58536A.  There are several listed now, including this
one 350426342961 (no connection to the seller).

IIRCC, someone on the list had offered some for sale at very reasonable
prices in the past.  Perhaps he is 'listening' or you can find him by
searching the archives.

I have my antenna (like this one 290469118397 no connection to seller except
a satisfied customer for other items) mounted on the corner of my workshop,
lower than the rest of the house, under some trees (not the best location by
any means) but out of the way of the lightning here in FL and it feeds the
splitter (no lightning protection) which feeds the receivers and works well.
I have not performed any 'formal' measurements of the stability of the 10
MHz or 1 PPS signals though.  That's on one of my many 'back burners'.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Happy New Year to you and all on the list.  Thanks again to all on the list
for all your help to me in the past.

Joe