[time-nuts] Problems with Garmin - maybe we should cut them alittle slack

scmcgrath at gmail.com scmcgrath at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 19:22:42 UTC 2010

My 0.02

These SAME maps are being used in E911 and other GIS systems so the poor workmanship which is so obvious here has the potential to put lives in danger.

Most of the emergency response trucks up here have GPS systems with these maps onboard - not a problem for locals but if we needed outside assistance all bets are off.

The current 'good enough' culture is extremely destructive and I'd like to see a return to traditional values.   As in test gear which lasts and can be repaired and upgraded not trash which ends up in a landfill in 3 years.

Scott