[time-nuts] GPS Antenna

Joe Leikhim jleikhim at leikhim.com
Fri Dec 31 21:46:33 UTC 2010

Here in Florida, I would recommend ANY external antenna or other roof
mounted device be bonded to the building ground system conductor. See
NEC and check Polyphazer's website for guidance. Polyphazer makes
devices to protect GPS equipment as does Huber and Suhner. Be sure the
device is rated to 2 GHz and that it passes through the bias voltage for
the LNA.

Also be aware that the ground rods installed at a residence will corrode
away over time, It is good insurance to install and bond (to the main
grounding conductor and rod), supplemental rods around the structure
where the antenna enters.

--
Joe Leikhim
President