[time-nuts] OT: Practical PLL low noise?

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Tue Feb 2 18:15:08 UTC 2010

Hi

I happen to like the Analog Devices ADF4001 for this sort of thing. You
would need two of them, one for each oscillator.  The National chip
mentioned earlier will also work. The 2306 it's self is obsolete, but I'm
sure there are other National parts that will drop into the same socket.

Either way you will need something like a PIC to "shoot" the settings into
the chip. It looks like all that is taken care of on the board in the
earlier post. The code on the PIC would need to be re-written to match up
with what ever chip you decide to use.

Bob