[time-nuts] Triangle Waves

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 3 00:33:12 UTC 2010

Bob Camp wrote:
> Hi
>
> The DAC will quite nicely produce a trapezoid (or clipped triangle wave). It's certainly on the list.
>
> ---
>
> I've had a lot of lunch time discussions with the NIST guys about their "obsession" with input levels. About all I can say is that I don't see the same sensitivities they do. I suspect a lot of the issue is that we're not using the exact same circuits / components.
>
> -----
>
> Matching the isolation amplifier to the mixer for efficient power transfer is something I do plan to look at. I suspect it's only good up to a certain point and then you get into trouble.

If you stay at say 10 MHz or so, the isolational amplifier is close to
the mixer and a more lumped model can be used. 1/12 of the rise time is
used as rule of thumb, but I am sure you know this well. Best
performance rather than best power transfer may be a better goal, but
what manifest best performance for such a system is not easier said than
analysed.

Cheers,
Magnus