[time-nuts] CPLDs for clock dividers

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Thu Feb 4 01:09:48 UTC 2010

Hi

Discrete logic is a good thing for low jitter.

CPLD's (and FPGA's) can have all sorts of interesting stuff running inside them. Some versions even have exciting stuff like charge pump bias generators that turn on and off at random times.

Simple check - if it's logic and it pulls many ma of current with no clock input = not a good thing

Bob