[time-nuts] CPLDs for clock dividers

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Thu Feb 4 16:33:41 UTC 2010

Luis,

with the help of Bruce I have been trying to put the digital part of a
linear phase comparator (for oscillator characterization) into some
different Xilinx CPLDs. Only to find out that there must be a lot of
"analogue kind" interactions between blocks within the CPLD that had
originally been understood as being purely digital circuitry. I have the
tool chain for ALTERA available as well and I find it highly interesting
that your experience with the MAXII is that good. I will give them a try!
Can you explain a bit what measurement possibilities for jitter you have
available to make these conclusions from?

Best regards
Ulrich, DF6JB