[time-nuts] The Smell of Tantalum in the Morning

d.seiter at comcast.net d.seiter at comcast.net
Mon Feb 8 20:50:41 UTC 2010

I've seen the butt weld (or crimp) of the wire in hermetic units fail due to corrosion in both HP and Tek gear.  In all cases (about 6), the gear appeared to not have been protected too well from the elements, or was exposed to high humidity for a long time.  The good news is that it fails open and is pretty obvious.

Dave