[time-nuts] True to there word. - Fancy WWVB

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Tue Feb 9 01:40:15 UTC 2010

Hi

Yes indeed, you need to be sure you don't get a cycle slip. That's not trivial when the signal goes to zero while moving phase.

There I think you need to depend on something like a reasonable OCXO and a long time constant loop. That brings in other problems. I assume that you are going to have to train your loop to "expect" the ID shifts and time markers. Again, they are predictable. It's just software ....

More or less:

Take all of the things you can compute about the signal and feed them in. Lock the "computed" signal against the received signal. Way less complex than what they do with GPS. Since it's all *very* slow, a beater PC can easily keep up with all the adjustment math.

Bob