[time-nuts] any WWV audio recordings available?

Dean Weiten dmw at weiten.com
Wed Feb 10 07:26:43 UTC 2010

Hi there,

Some time ago, I "hot rodded" the "tg" program that comes with the open
source "ntp" package and cleaned it up, making options for different
output formats, including IEEE 1344 extensions on the IRIG, and cleaned
up the WWV output for DST shifts, quality coding, etc.

When you posted your question, I did a quick look, hacked in libsndfile
calls, and made it so it can generate clean IRIG-B or WWV audio WAV
files of arbitrary duration, starting at arbitrary times.  The
generation actually runs much faster than real time, resulting in huge
files for long time frames, stored in seconds.

As an example, please find at
http://www.weiten.com/time_nuts/2010-02-10_07h09Z.zip , a 221k ZIP
archive that expands out to a 92M WAV file of simulated WWV audio from
2010-02-10 07h10Z to about 17h29Z.

Is this helpful?

--

Dean Weiten