[time-nuts] Vibrations

Raj vu2zap at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:46:37 UTC 2010

Hi Stan,

        I will explore this issue tomorrow, 20:00 here now. I was just going through a boyish thrill of fiddling with a Sony ICF-S10Mk2 and the amazing numbers of AM stations it picks up.. maybe it can be used at 60Khz.. for 10$ it worth it !!

        How about keeping he Rb cover open ? I measured the lamp housing at 110C and the rest at 60-70C. I dont intend to keep my units on all the time but I dont feel good about anything running hot! Maybe a small slow fan might help. I am fascinated by the blinking light inside at 1Hz and thats not available on the DB connector. I did add a reverse polarity protection by soldering a 2A diode between the center pin of the regulator and the +15 pin. I wish I can find a schematic and what else I can do with this gizmo!

73 Raj vu2zap

--
Raj, VU2ZAP
Bangalore, India.