[time-nuts] any WWV audio recordings available?

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 12 23:46:29 UTC 2010

I'm about 680 mi. straight north of Fort Collins.   About a year ago, I
got an Odetics WWV receiver that remembers the reception results for the
last 7 days. It tells me that the only time it can get a lock on WWV @
10 MHz is between about 0800 and 1800 hours.  It never gets a signal in
the evening or through the night.  The antenna is an active ferrite rod.

I think I remember that, years ago, the situation was reversed.  You
could only hear WWV at night.  Does your clock only listen at certain
times of day?

Ed