[time-nuts] any WWV audio recordings available?

Eric Williams wd6cmu at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 13 01:51:48 UTC 2010

Ed,
As I recall, the Heath receiver scanned three WWV frequencies (5, 10, and
15MHz?) and stopped on the one with the strongest signal.  It would stay
there for a minute or two and move on if it couldn't hear the burst tone at
the top of the minute.  If it heard the tone, it would stay put and try to
decode the sub-audible tone time signals.  I think it only resumed scanning
if it started missing the burst tones again.  Over the course of the day it
would walk up and down the band as the propagation changed.
--
eric