[time-nuts] iPhone app

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 05:23:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Having recently acquired a new iPhone with a built in GPS, I was wondering
if anyone is aware of an application that uses the GPS 1PPS to produce
accurate time. I seem to remember reading somewhere that it is not possible
to adjust the internal clock, but one could still produce an accurate time
display based on the GPS 1 PPS and even provide time pips. Combine that with
the internal video there seems a myriad of possibilities.

However, trying to find such applications is a large effort and I was hoping
the time-nuts community may be  aware of some time-aware cleverness on the
iPhone.

Regards,

Jim Palfreyman