[time-nuts] ko4bb monitor

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Thu Feb 18 00:20:36 UTC 2010

Arthur,

I received the units I bought from Amazon.  I was planning to normally
use them in the front panel of future projects in the same way you did
with the fluke.1 unit, but now I wonder if you or somebody else figured
out how to communicate with the original iCruze units. Maybe they are
programmed to be just a 2 line ASCII serial display, because in that
case they can be used for a variety of monitoring tasks without
modification, just tailoring the data to be understandable by the module.
I powered one of my units and found it sends a 5 to 0 volts negative
going pulse of about 2 ms every 1.6 s on the yellow wire, but I didn't
tried to send anything to the green wire yet.

Regards,
Ignacio, EB4APL