[time-nuts] OT: HP 8590A

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Sat Feb 20 06:32:19 UTC 2010

Spend a little more, and get an HP 8560B or 8560E..

You will be much happier...

In a message dated 2/19/2010 16:39:17 Pacific Standard Time,
jgray at zianet.com writes:

Since  the list members are familiar with lots of test equipment, I'd
like to ask  what the folks here think about the HP 8590A Spectrum
Analyzer. Is this  model ok? Are there any particular failures I should
be aware of in this  20+ year old equipment?

I have a chance to buy one locally. The only  option is has is GPIB. I
took a preliminary look at it and it passes the  simple test/cal
procedure from chapter 1 of the Ops manual. This model only  goes to
1.5GHz, but would still be useful for Amateur use. I do wish it  would
go up to 3GHz, however. I have never owned a spec an, but am  somewhat
familiar with their usage.

Thanks for the  input.

Joe
KA5ZEC