[time-nuts] 5061a with cold tube

J. L. Trantham, M. D. jltran at att.net
Fri Feb 26 20:07:13 UTC 2010

One way to determine the Ion Pump current is to measure the voltage on pin 3
of the +3500 VDC supply.  This measures the voltage across the 10K resistor
that is in the return line of the +3500 VDC supply and is directly related
to the current flowing in the resistor.

I am in the process of 'pumping' a tube now and have been at it for about 6
weeks.  Mine started at about  -1.19 VDC (if I recall correctly, I am at
work and do no have my notes) and wound up at about -0.62 VDC as the HV went
from about +2050 VDC to about +2550 VDC at which point I got tired and
attached a +4000 VDC supply to the tube via the red HV wire.   It seems to
slowly be moving in the right direction.

Joe