[time-nuts] thunderbolts not seeing satellites

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Mon Jan 4 14:33:03 UTC 2010

bg at lysator.liu.se wrote:
> While its unlikely, good antennas has broken down gradualy in the past.
> Sometimes birds "helps" the outside weather gods getting a little crack to
> let moisture inside the antenna.

I had one antenna that waterfilled over the years. A good antenna, but
the porus plug had a sticker over it, so it could not vent out the
humidity, so it built up.

My L1/L2 antenna is burried in snow right now, need to put some cover
over it. My L1 Bullet antenna is snow-free, but I seem to have something
wrong with that cable, need to diagnose it again.

In my case, my handywork on BNC connectors have proven less than
satisfactory.

Cheers,
Magnus