[time-nuts] Upside Down TBolt

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Tue Jan 5 01:30:37 UTC 2010

Hi

How many of the Thunderbolts are "upside down"?

The "typical" Thunderbolt has an anodized aluminum case, power and RS-232 on the right hand side (as viewed with the labels facing you). Most, if not all came out of an Andrew 911 system.

I just got one in that has the power connector and RS-232 on the left side of the unit . The neat thing is that the case on this one works a lot better than the anodized aluminum case. You don' t have to unscrew the nuts on the connectors to take the thing apart.

The date codes on the parts inside the unit I have are all from mid to late 2004 if that makes any difference.

Of course the *real* question is weather the power pinouts are the same .....