[time-nuts] Newbie questions

Bob Camp lists at cq.nu
Wed Jan 6 12:52:36 UTC 2010

Hi

The 5335 is a pretty nice counter, you can use the math functions to get just about anything you want displayed. One simple example is to just subtract 10 MHz from the count and display the difference.

The problem you run into is overflow in the counter chip. Somewhere around 100 seconds you run out of storage with a 10 MHz input.

It's been *years* since I ran one, I could be off on the 100 seconds ....

Most of the ones you see for sale have at at least one input channel blown out.. They are easy to fry and the front end chips aren't anything you can get off the shelf.

Bob