[time-nuts] Sparkfun

john.foege at gmail.com john.foege at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:38:41 UTC 2010

Now, I'm not sure what kind of testing they did, but it seems to me, they almost willy-nilly beefed up the servers and annouced Free Day around the same time. It doesn't seem they tested the servers to handle such a load, or simply the response they are receiving from the public is so massive, that they simply underestimated what they needed by a factor of 10! That or their webservers aren't configured right =)

John Foege
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T