[time-nuts] Sparkfun

Philip Pemberton lists at philpem.me.uk
Thu Jan 7 21:41:18 UTC 2010

Lux, Jim (337C) wrote:
> Now, standing in line for 7 hours at some government office where there is a
> cellphone ban, only to be told that you have been standing in the wrong
> line:  *That* is a waste of time, unless the value of the service is pretty
> darn high (e.g. Keeping you out of prison or something)

Ho-ho-, it's fun dealing with government agencies...

"Sir, you've been standing in the wrong line. You need Line
2B-XZ342/A-alpha, which is over there by the payphone."
"But your colleague said I needed to stand in this..."
"I cannot comment on my colleague's actions. Go stand in line
2B-XZ342/A-alpha, or you may feel free to leave and return another day."

And you get to the end of *that* line, and get...
"Sir, we're closing. Come back tomorrow, when we'll be open 10:30AM to 3PM."

(why 10:30 to 3? because 9 to 5 would be too easy)

And when you eventually get to the front of the right line...

"You need form KL6/PM-gamma-2-1-slash-four-beta-two version 1.08c, this
is form KL6/PM-gamma-2-1-slash-four-beta-two version 1.08b."

Mmm, red tape...

--
Phil.
lists at philpem.me.uk