[time-nuts] Heads Up to HP 5371A & 5372A Owners

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Fri Jan 8 16:08:29 UTC 2010

I was recently having trouble with one of the 54002A input pods on my
5372A.  It was occasionally being recognized as a 54001A pod.  I took it
apart and found that 7 of the 8 solder joints between the circuit board
and the connector at the back of the pod were bad.  I checked my other
pods and they all had at least one bad connection..  All the pods
worked, but gave weird results when making low-level measurements.
After I resoldered them the strange readings disappeared.  Imagine
that!  :-)

Ed